The Global Coffee Platform (GCP) is an inclusive multi-stakeholder sustainability platform that enables the coffee sector’s journey towards sustainability. The GCP improves the livelihoods, ecosystems and resilience of coffee farming communities and the sector as a whole by enabling producers, roasters, governments, traders, and NGOs to align and multiply their efforts and investments, collectively act on local priorities and critical issues, and grow and scale successful sustainability initiatives across the coffee world. For more information about the Global Coffee Platform please visit: www.globalcoffeeplatform.org
Main functions and responsibilities
- Technical support for IT-based international data collection – on different levels of the supply chain - by processing and escalating ticke
- Support for software development by taking on tests and quality checks and supporting requirement management;
- Maintenance of user documentation;
- Evaluation of recorded data using MS Power BI according to specified indicators and questions;
- Creation and maintenance of BI dashboards for different target groups;
- Implementation of small projects to expand and improve the internal IT landscape, based on Office 365
- Supporting maintenance of team member computer set-ups, in addition to the work of the external ICT service provider;
- Maintenance and updating of the cloud infrastructure (Azure and Digital Ocean).
Profile and qualifications
- At least three semesters business information science, computer science or comparable computer science-related topics, ideally with a specialization in data management (SQL) and/or business intelligence;
- Solution orientation for IT questions and the development of software-supported processes;
- Experience in testing and documenting software solutions
- Interest and ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new and complex topics
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German;
- Experience with any one of these programming languages: Python, C#, or JAVA;
- Experience in the administration of MS Office 365 and MS Azure environments.
- Knowledge of agriculture, preferably in the field of coffee and an interest in development cooperation and sustainability (optional).